Gamla Stan's Christmas MarketEnjoy the seemingly endless autumn season while it lasts. The snow, when it arrives, will brighten the surroundings. In the meantime, may the seasonal candles and holiday lights shine on.
At the Internationella Engelska Skolan Järfälla the fall term is nearing its end. Students have achieved truly remarkable progress. The grade 6 classes have had a tremendously successful term. And the 9th graders have displayed excellence in the battery of projects, tests and presentations which the teachers have set. Well done! Term reports will be published soon on SchoolSoft and will give cause for great pride of achievement from students, parents and the teaching staff.
One of the term's highlights will be happening December 18th: The Poland Aid Gala. This evening of fundraising activities is a source of sponsorship for the 9th graders' school trip where they will visit Auschwitz and Krakow. Many activities, displays and booths will be active in the Café/Entré. Current and former 9th graders will speak about the bittersweet adventure. The main event is certainly The Show later in the evening. Students will perform onstage as well as a professional musician. Emceed by 9th graders Elias and Diana, The Show, and the entire Gala, will be a spectacular event. Enormous appreciation to the parents, students and staff who have contributed to its success.
Students are enriched by participating in activities featuring both academic and social development. In the weeks since the November break, several events have taken place:
- Flamenco Dance Project
- Newspaper Club visit to Utbildnings Radio
- 9th graders on PRAO (Work experience education program)
- English Theme Day ?" Guy Fawkes; featuring Drama Club performance
- 6th grade Morning Madness
- 7th grade visit to Stockholm synagogue
- Anti-bullying posters 2013-2014 go up around the school
- Visit from Internationella Engelska Gymnasiet
- Swedish 2 students visit Skansen Aquarium
- 7th grade visits Gamla Stan's Christmas Market
- Ms. Betyo's "Master Chef" with 8th grade students
- Emerich Roth visits and addresses the 9th graders
- "Teknik för tjejer" science and technology program for girls
- Lucia Celebration
- Swedish Theme Day focus on Astrid Lindgren
- Staff-Student basketball game
- Choice ?" 20 activities for school's exploratory curriculum
The school received glorious news: the municipality will build a multi-sport arena on our football field. The project will build a sport facility with artificial grass and will cost around 2.5 million crowns. Hooray! Thank you, Järfälla Kommun!
Last day of Autumn term: Thursday December 19th.
First day of Spring term: Wednesday January 8th , according to class schedules.
Rain or shine, snow or cold, fresh air or indoors, enjoy the vacation!
The entire staff at Internationella Engelska Skolan Järfälla wishes every family a delightful Winter Holiday.Best wishes!Mike Saphir